Graphical object browser

Jason

Hi,

I've spent all day looking for a graphical object browser for Python
2.5 under Debian GNU/Linux, ie. something I can just drop into my code
with an import and a "browse(my_object)" statement. So far I've only
found intractable GUI toolkits or obsolete, non-functional scripts.

I was wondering if there is a simple tool like this out there
somewhere. Preferably one that doesn't involve me installing a massive
IDE, but I can't really be picky.

Cheers,
Jason

Jason

Hooray! I discovered PyCrust. I made this script (for Linux - under
Win, you could just have all but the first line as a python file and
run it directly):

#!/usr/bin/python
import wx
import wx.py.PyCrust

if __name__ == '__main__' :
app = wx.App()
pc = wx.py.PyCrust.App(app)
pc.MainLoop()

Run it from the working dir and tinker from there.

Propad

Hooray! I discovered PyCrust. I made this script (for Linux - under
Win, you could just have all but the first line as a python file and
run it directly):

#!/usr/bin/python
import wx
import wx.py.PyCrust

if __name__ == '__main__' :
    app = wx.App()
    pc = wx.py.PyCrust.App(app)
    pc.MainLoop()

Run it from the working dir and tinker from there.

Hello,
is it still possible to run PyCrust with Python 2.2? I see no
installer for it anywhere...
Cheers,
Propad

Jason

Yeah, PyCrust is in wxPython now. But I take back my initial
excitement — it's freaking hard to use, despite its provision of a
"pywrap" script (batch file under Windows). You certainly can't just
replace "python /path/to/blah.py" with "pywrap /path/to/blah.py",
especially if your script requires knowledge of where it is. (It also
seems to freeze an awful lot under my Windows testing environment.)