    IDE, but I can't really be picky.

    Cheers,
    Jason

    Jason, Oct 29, 2008

  2. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Hooray! I discovered PyCrust. I made this script (for Linux - under
    Win, you could just have all but the first line as a python file and
    run it directly):

    #!/usr/bin/python
    import wx
    import wx.py.PyCrust

    if __name__ == '__main__' :
    app = wx.App()
    pc = wx.py.PyCrust.App(app)
    pc.MainLoop()

    Run it from the working dir and tinker from there.

    Jason, Oct 30, 2008

  3. Jason

    Propad Guest

    On Oct 30, 2:10 am, Jason <> wrote:
    > Hooray! I discovered PyCrust. I made this script (for Linux - under
    > Win, you could just have all but the first line as a python file and
    > run it directly):
    >
    > #!/usr/bin/python
    > import wx
    > import wx.py.PyCrust
    >
    > if __name__ == '__main__' :
    >     app = wx.App()
    >     pc = wx.py.PyCrust.App(app)
    >     pc.MainLoop()
    >
    > Run it from the working dir and tinker from there.

    Hello,
    is it still possible to run PyCrust with Python 2.2? I see no
    installer for it anywhere...
    Cheers,
    Propad

    Propad, Oct 30, 2008
  4. On Oct 30, 8:33 am, Propad <> wrote:
    > On Oct 30, 2:10 am, Jason <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hooray! I discovered PyCrust. I made this script (for Linux - under
    > > Win, you could just have all but the first line as a python file and
    > > run it directly):

    > > #!/usr/bin/python
    > > import wx
    > > import wx.py.PyCrust

    > > if __name__ == '__main__' :
    > >     app = wx.App()
    > >     pc = wx.py.PyCrust.App(app)
    > >     pc.MainLoop()

    > > Run it from the working dir and tinker from there.

    > Hello,
    > is it still possible to run PyCrust with Python 2.2? I see no
    > installer for it anywhere...
    > Cheers,
    > Propad

    PyCrust is part of wxPython now (I think). But I'm not sure how long
    it's been a part of that package. You can try downloading one of the
    really old wxPython versions and see if it's included:

    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10718&package_id=10559

    Mike

    Mike Driscoll, Oct 30, 2008
  5. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Yeah, PyCrust is in wxPython now. But I take back my initial
    excitement — it's freaking hard to use, despite its provision of a
    "pywrap" script (batch file under Windows). You certainly can't just
    replace "python /path/to/blah.py" with "pywrap /path/to/blah.py",
    especially if your script requires knowledge of where it is. (It also
    seems to freeze an awful lot under my Windows testing environment.)

    Jason, Oct 30, 2008