Graphics in Web pages

NOXwebmasterx

Sybren said:
Roy Schestowitz enlightened us with:

Vim is also great in a XTerm. I use it right now to type this
followup. GVim is great if you don't want to use a terminal version,
or if you want to free up your terminal to do other work. I use it all
the time, also to develop X applications.

Vim is the classic, but there are other good terminal editors with more
familiar control interfaces.

Sybren Stuvel

(e-mail address removed) enlightened us with:
Vim is the classic, but there are other good terminal editors with
more familiar control interfaces.

Heh? Familiar? Now you're missing the point. An editor is good because
it is good, not because it is like another editor you happen to know.

Sybren

Sybren Stuvel

Toby Inkster enlightened us with:
If you really want vim running and *nothing* else, type "linux
init=/bin/vim" at the LILO prompt.

Ooooh... I'm _so_ going to try that out! Of course I also have to make
sure the kernel doesn't mount the root partition read-only by default,
because running 'mount' to remount it r/w doesn't count as *nothing*
else :)

Sybren

Robert Frost-Bridges

Vim is the classic, but there are other good terminal editors with
more familiar control interfaces.

Shouldn't it actually be called Viim anyway? I'm forcing myself to use
emacs for everything at the moment (and quite liking it). I looked at
Vim and shall be giving that a go too. (and yes I know about the holy
wars that go on in other newsgroups over these two so I'm not trying to
start anything here).

Sybren Stuvel

Robert Frost-Bridges enlightened us with:
Shouldn't it actually be called Viim anyway?

Nah, that doesn't sound right.
I'm forcing myself to use emacs for everything at the moment (and
quite liking it). I looked at Vim and shall be giving that a go too.

It's pretty different. Make sure you run 'vimtutor' first!

Sybren