    (performance vs development time),

    appreciate your comments,
    Dubi

    DB, Aug 19, 2003

  2. In article <bhs4kp$389$>, DB wrote:
    > can someone point me to references on topics such as :
    > -OpenGL/DirectX vs HW accelerators

    You're asking the wrong question, but the answer is nevertheless:
    both. You need HW accelerators to have decent performance. On the
    other hand, fast HW is useless without programs that support it,
    and the support is done via OpenGL API.

    The best alternative is to develop HW simultaneously with OpenGL
    compatible driver. Software might be nevertheless better alternative
    to some tasks (so there's little point doing everything in HW).

    Tuukka Toivonen, Aug 19, 2003