    Where can I get an easy-to-use graphics library? I'm kinda-sorta new to C++ and
    wanna get started with it... Maybe I can find out which one they use for
    compsci at school, but I kinda wanna get help anyway. Thanks
    Kdmkhaus9, Oct 12, 2004

  2. "Kdmkhaus9" <> wrote...
    > Where can I get an easy-to-use graphics library? I'm kinda-sorta new to
    > C++ and
    > wanna get started with it... Maybe I can find out which one they use for
    > compsci at school, but I kinda wanna get help anyway. Thanks

    I kinda-sorta wanna tell you go look in a newsgroup that deals with your
    platform. At best you can find a multi-platform one, like Qt, but not
    anything that would work in any C++ program. Simple reason is that there
    are systems that don't have graphics. At all. So, folk in your platform
    newsgroup will tell you which one is the simplest to use. Good luck!
    Victor Bazarov, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Kdmkhaus9

    Phlip Guest

    Kdmkhaus9 wrote:

    > Where can I get an easy-to-use graphics library? I'm kinda-sorta new to

    C++ and
    > wanna get started with it... Maybe I can find out which one they use for
    > compsci at school, but I kinda wanna get help anyway. Thanks

    ImageMagick doesn't suck.

    It can't display graphics on a Win32 screen, though. You didn't ask for
    that.

    Future research starts at www.google.com

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Kdmkhaus9

    Gerhard Wesp Guest

    Kdmkhaus9 <> wrote:
    > Where can I get an easy-to-use graphics library? I'm kinda-sorta new to C++ and

    opengl is kinda-sorta easy to use. You wanna build some C++ wrappers,
    though, caus it comes with a C interface.

    Cheers
    -Gerhard
    Gerhard Wesp, Oct 13, 2004
  5. And you could use SDL for portable windowing and i/o manager.

    Luka Napotnik, Oct 15, 2004