Graphing Convolution

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by viper-2, Dec 30, 2008.

  1. viper-2

    viper-2 Guest

    C-Graph is a package of five simple core functions reproduced in C
    from my Honours thesis "Interactive Computer Package Demonstrating:
    Sampling Convolution and the FFT", University of Aberdeen, Scotland
    (1983). Use C-Graph to generate signals for work or play.

    Download C-Graph from Code Art Now:

    http://www.codeartnow.com/code/download/c-graph-1

    C-Graph is free as in beer!

    http://www.codeartnow.com/gallery-1/freedom/meaning-of-free-2

    Enjoy!

    --agt

    Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

    Code Art Now
    http://codeartnow.com
    Email:

    viper-2, Dec 30, 2008

  2. viper-2

    Guest

    On Dec 30, 6:26 pm, viper-2 <> wrote:
    > C-Graph is a package of five simple core functions reproduced in C
    > from my Honours thesis "Interactive Computer Package Demonstrating:
    > Sampling Convolution and the FFT", University of Aberdeen, Scotland
    > (1983). Use C-Graph to generate signals for work or play.
    >
    > Download C-Graph from Code Art Now:
    >
    > http://www.codeartnow.com/code/download/c-graph-1
    >
    > C-Graph is free as in beer!
    >
    > http://www.codeartnow.com/gallery-1/freedom/meaning-of-free-2
    >
    > Enjoy!

    In recplot.c, line 42 you have initgraph(&driver, &mode, "c:\\adrienne\
    \tc\\bgi");
    If I understand correctly that's a hardcoded path. I hope you don't
    expect your code to work anywhere else other than your own comp.
    Moreover, this is comp.lang.c, we discuss ANSI/ISO C and I believe
    advertising your project isn't 'allowed', in the sense that it's not
    topical.

    , Dec 31, 2008

  3. viper-2

    viper-2 Guest

    On Dec 31, 4:33 am, wrote:
    > On Dec 30, 6:26 pm, viper-2 <> wrote:
    >
    > > C-Graph is a package of five simple core functions reproduced in C
    > > from my Honours thesis "Interactive Computer Package Demonstrating:
    > > Sampling Convolution and the FFT", University of Aberdeen, Scotland
    > > (1983). Use C-Graph to generate signals for work or play.

    > > Download C-Graph from Code Art Now:

    > >http://www.codeartnow.com/code/download/c-graph-1

    > > C-Graph is free as in beer!

    > >http://www.codeartnow.com/gallery-1/freedom/meaning-of-free-2

    > > Enjoy!

    > In recplot.c, line 42 you have initgraph(&driver, &mode, "c:\\adrienne\
    > \tc\\bgi");
    > If I understand correctly that's a hardcoded path. I hope you don't
    > expect your code to work anywhere else other than your own comp.
    > Moreover, this is comp.lang.c, we discuss ANSI/ISO C and I believe
    > advertising your project isn't 'allowed', in the sense that it's not
    > topical.

    Read the license file C-Graph-license.txt. I expect the user to make
    any technical modifications necessary to run the code. The code is
    ancient, remember - 1996. As I indicated in the documentation, I
    haven't updated or upgraded the files since the day I created them.

    It's not about advertising, I thought engineers coding in C might find
    the functions useful - and fun. Hopefully comp.lang.c will inspire me
    to reactivate my C programming.

    --agt

    Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

    Code Art Now
    http://codeartnow.com
    Email:

    viper-2, Dec 31, 2008
  4. viper-2

    viper-2 Guest

    On Dec 31, 4:59 am, Obnoxious User <O...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
    > On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:33:36 -0800, vippstar wrote:
    > > On Dec 30, 6:26 pm, viper-2 <> wrote:
    > >> C-Graph is a package of five simple core functions reproduced in C from
    > >> my Honours thesis "Interactive Computer Package Demonstrating: Sampling
    > >> Convolution and the FFT", University of Aberdeen, Scotland (1983). Use
    > >> C-Graph to generate signals for work or play.

    > >> Download C-Graph from Code Art Now:

    > >>http://www.codeartnow.com/code/download/c-graph-1

    > >> C-Graph is free as in beer!

    > >>http://www.codeartnow.com/gallery-1/freedom/meaning-of-free-2

    > >> Enjoy!

    > > In recplot.c, line 42 you have initgraph(&driver, &mode, "c:\\adrienne\
    > > \tc\\bgi");
    > > If I understand correctly that's a hardcoded path. I hope you don't
    > > expect your code to work anywhere else other than your own comp.
    > > Moreover, this is comp.lang.c, we discuss ANSI/ISO C and I believe
    > > advertising your project isn't 'allowed', in the sense that it's not
    > > topical.

    > The old bgi driver. I haven't seen that one in probably a decade or so.
    >
    > --
    > OU

    Yes, it's from 1996. See the post above. Enjoy!

    --agt

    Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

    Code Art Now
    http://codeartnow.com
    Email:

    viper-2, Dec 31, 2008
  5. viper-2

    CBFalconer Guest

    viper-2 wrote:

    .... snip ...

    > --agt
    >
    > Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!
    >
    > Code Art Now
    > http://codeartnow.com
    > Email:

    FYI a sig. marker is the specific line "-- ", with the final space,
    and nothing else (no quotes). It marks everything from that point
    on as being part of the sig.

    Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten
    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Jan 1, 2009
  6. viper-2

    viper-2 Guest

    On Jan 1, 6:26 pm, CBFalconer <> wrote:
    > viper-2 wrote:
    >
    > ... snip ...
    >
    > > --agt

    > > Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

    > > Code Art Now
    > >http://codeartnow.com
    > > Email:

    > FYI a sig. marker is the specific line "-- ", with the final space,
    > and nothing else (no quotes). It marks everything from that point
    > on as being part of the sig.
    >
    > --
    > Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year
    > Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten
    > <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    Thanks for the information. I've been marooned on Caprica for a couple
    of decades.;-)

    I got a couple of emails signed like that, i.e. "--sig". Thought it
    was cute:)

    Enjoy the code - and 2009!

    --
    agt

    Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

    Code Art Now
    http://codeartnow.com
    Email:

    viper-2, Jan 2, 2009
  7. viper-2

    CBFalconer Guest

    viper-2 wrote:
    > CBFalconer <> wrote:

    .... snip ...

    >> FYI a sig. marker is the specific line "-- ", with the final space,
    >> and nothing else (no quotes). It marks everything from that point
    >> on as being part of the sig.

    > Thanks for the information. I've been marooned on Caprica for a
    > couple of decades.;-)
    >
    > I got a couple of emails signed like that, i.e. "--sig". Thought it
    > was cute:)
    >
    > Enjoy the code - and 2009!
    >
    > --
    > agt

    Your sig marker is still missing the critical final blank.

    CBFalconer, Jan 2, 2009
  8. viper-2

    viper-2 Guest

    On Jan 1, 8:53 pm, CBFalconer <> wrote:
    > viper-2 wrote:
    > > CBFalconer <> wrote:

    > ... snip ...
    >
    > >> FYI a sig. marker is the specific line "-- ", with the final space,
    > >> and nothing else (no quotes). It marks everything from that point
    > >> on as being part of the sig.

    > > Thanks for the information. I've been marooned on Caprica for a
    > > couple of decades.;-)

    > > I got a couple of emails signed like that, i.e. "--sig". Thought it
    > > was cute:)

    > > Enjoy the code - and 2009!

    > > --
    > > agt

    > Your sig marker is still missing the critical final blank.
    >
    > --
    > Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year
    > Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten
    > <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    Hi CB:

    My modem is broken on GNU/Linux for the moment so I've been panefully
    using Notepad to write and edit my messages.;-)

    I'm pretty sure I inserted a final space after the "--". I'll insert
    the blank this time directly in my browser. This any better?

    --
    agt

    Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

    Code Art Now
    http://codeartnow.com
    Email:

    viper-2, Jan 2, 2009
  9. viper-2

    CBFalconer Guest

    viper-2 wrote:
    > CBFalconer <> wrote:

    .... snip ...

    >> Your sig marker is still missing the critical final blank.

    > My modem is broken on GNU/Linux for the moment so I've been
    > panefully using Notepad to write and edit my messages.;-)
    >
    > I'm pretty sure I inserted a final space after the "--". I'll
    > insert the blank this time directly in my browser. This any
    > better?

    No.

    CBFalconer, Jan 2, 2009
  10. viper-2

    viper-2 Guest

    On Jan 2, 5:17 pm, CBFalconer <> wrote:
    > viper-2 wrote:
    > > CBFalconer <> wrote:

    > ... snip ...
    >
    > >> Your sig marker is still missing the critical final blank.

    > > My modem is broken on GNU/Linux for the moment so I've been
    > > panefully using Notepad to write and edit my messages.;-)

    > > I'm pretty sure I inserted a final space after the "--". I'll
    > > insert the blank this time directly in my browser. This any
    > > better?

    > No.
    >
    > --
    > Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year
    > Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee, Frohe Weihnachten
    > <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    Thanks; this is very patient of you. I'm more than puzzled. That final
    space is a bit like the University of Aberdeen's ghost -
    http://www.codeartnow.com/law-project/boo.

    They can't say who wrote the FORTRAN program in my Honours Thesis,
    just that it couldn't be me.:-D

    I'll get back to you on the sig marker.

    --

    agt

    Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

    Code Art Now
    http://codeartnow.com
    Email:

    viper-2, Jan 2, 2009
  11. viper-2

    Default User Guest

    CBFalconer wrote:

    > viper-2 wrote:

    > > --
    > > agt

    > Your sig marker is still missing the critical final blank.

    That's a function of Google Groups. It will remove the trailing space
    even if the user puts it there. It is not possible to post with a
    correct signature when using GG.

    Brian

    Default User, Jan 3, 2009
  12. viper-2

    viper-2 Guest

    On Jan 2, 10:11 pm, "Default User" <> wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:
    > > viper-2 wrote:
    > > > --
    > > > agt

    > > Your sig marker is still missing the critical final blank.

    > That's a function of Google Groups. It will remove the trailing space
    > even if the user puts it there. It is not possible to post with a
    > correct signature when using GG.
    >
    > Brian

    I suppose that not replying would be saying thanks - by default. ;-)

    But I thought I would expressly say thanks anyway. I like this group;
    yes, I think it's time to review C.

    That final blank just wouldn't move into the light.;-)

    --
    agt

    Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

    Code Art Now
    http://codeartnow.com
    Email:

    viper-2, Jan 3, 2009
  13. viper-2

    viper-2 Guest

    C-Graph is now licensed under the GPL version 3. Download from Code
    Art Now < http://www.codeartnow.com/code/download/c-graph-1> .

    Version 2.0 will include working FORTRAN code. Enjoy!

    agt

    --

    Freedom - No pane, all gaiGN!

    Code Art Now
    http://codeartnow.com
    Email:

    viper-2, Feb 2, 2009
  14. viper-2

    Richard Bos Guest

    viper-2 <> wrote:

    > Version 2.0 will include working FORTRAN code. Enjoy!

    Aren't those two sentences contradictory?

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Feb 9, 2009