    Benchmarking, etc. Can someone give some recommendations on a good way
    to graph these datapoints in python. I started looking into
    matplotlib, however was interested in others experiences.

    Frank Ruiz, Sep 21, 2011

  2. On 2011-09-21, Frank Ruiz <> wrote:

    > I am looking to plot some data points related to system metrics.
    > Benchmarking, etc. Can someone give some recommendations on a good
    > way to graph these datapoints in python. I started looking into
    > matplotlib, however was interested in others experiences.

    I've always liked gnuplot-py, but I was a gnuplot user for 10+ years
    before I started using Python. If you don't already know how to use
    gnuplot, then perhaps gnuplot-py might not seem as intuitive.

    http://gnuplot-py.sourceforge.net/

    --
    Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Hmmm ... an arrogant
    at bouquet with a subtle

    Grant Edwards, Sep 21, 2011

  3. On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 08:44:13 -0700, Frank Ruiz <> wrote:
    > I am looking to plot some data points related to system metrics.
    > Benchmarking, etc. Can someone give some recommendations on a good way
    > to graph these datapoints in python. I started looking into
    > matplotlib, however was interested in others experiences.

    I like biggles. Reasonably straightforward, well defaulted.
    Simple plots require only simple code.

    biggles.sourceforge.net

    Peter Pearson, Sep 21, 2011
  4. Frank Ruiz

    John Ladasky Guest

    I'm using matplotlib and I'm happy with it. Quick plotting is easy
    using the pyplot interface, which resembles the popular software
    package MATLAB. As your ambitions grow, matplotlib has many
    sophisticated tools waiting for you.

    John Ladasky, Sep 22, 2011