Graphs in Python

Sanhita Mallick

Hi.

I am a newbie to Python. I am trying to implement a
Python code for graph manipulation. My graphs are
about 200-500 nodes big. Excepting for the short basic
graph implementation info on Python.org, where can I
find more in depth info about how to express graphs in
python, and how to use them in a code?

Also, does anyone know of a easy way of creating the
dictionary for python for a 500-node graph, without
typing each and every node? I found some application
that recognize dot file Graphviz - but I am looking
for a program that can let me "draw" a graph and then
generate the lists automatically from the drawing.

Thanks.
-SM

George Sakkis

Hi.

I am a newbie to Python. I am trying to implement a
Python code for graph manipulation. My graphs are
about 200-500 nodes big. Excepting for the short basic
graph implementation info on Python.org, where can I
find more in depth info about how to express graphs in
python, and how to use them in a  code?

Also, does anyone know of a easy way of creating the
dictionary for python for a 500-node graph, without
typing each and every node? I found some application
that recognize dot file Graphviz - but I am looking
for a program that can let me "draw" a graph and then
generate the lists automatically from the drawing.

Thanks.
-SM

A pure python package such as those mentioned in other replies is most
likely fine for graphs of several hundreds nodes, but in case
performance matters, you can take a look at the Python bindings of the
Boost graph library [1].

George

[1] http://www.osl.iu.edu/~dgregor/bgl-python/