    Thanks for your time

    Nick

    , Jan 30, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > pull trees of data (XML) out of graphs stored in a database (any
    > database... using an XML abstraction layer based on RELAX NG)

    There's a lot of work going on in mapping data (and databases in
    particular) to/from XML; I hope you're doing a serious literature and
    product search to understand your competition as well as a customer search.

    (Despite its name, microsoft.public.xml doesn't seem to be very public;
    I can't post to it. Hope you're reading both groups if you want to see
    all the answers.)

    Joe Kesselman, Jan 30, 2007

    On Jan 29, 6:07 pm, Joe Kesselman <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > pull trees of data (XML) out of graphs stored in a database (any
    > > database... using an XML abstraction layer based on RELAX NG)

    > There's a lot of work going on in mapping data (and databases in
    > particular) to/from XML; I hope you're doing a serious literature and
    > product search to understand your competition as well as a customer search.

    Good advice. Thanks for the reply.

    One thing I always forget to mention (because I get caught up in the
    graph thing): it's implemented with a lower-level logic/constraint
    tool with XML syntax (think XML Prolog), so you can trivially do
    constraint based searches, and also you could probably also use it as
    a rules engine(like say... to implement a permissions system so ensure
    certain nodes of a document would only be viewable or writable by
    users with certain permissions, etc.)...

    take care

    Nick

    > (Despite its name, microsoft.public.xml doesn't seem to be very public;
    > I can't post to it. Hope you're reading both groups if you want to see
    > all the answers.)

    , Jan 31, 2007