Great Knowledge of C++ iostream library

Immortal Nephi

There are a lot of C++ books to learn C++ language, but it does not do
enough. I have enough basic knowledge how to use cout, cin, etc. Do
you know if there are excellent books which provide deep detail of all
C++ iostream library. I don't want to know C run-time library
anymore.

I can use formatted string and unformatted string. I write routine.
My routine reads formatted string and is then translated into pixels
before they can be displayed to the screen with DirectX. Also, I use
unformatted string to load binary image from hard drive into memory.

Please recommend which C++ iostream library book I want to know.
Thanks...

red floyd

Immortal said:
There are a lot of C++ books to learn C++ language, but it does not do
enough. I have enough basic knowledge how to use cout, cin, etc. Do
you know if there are excellent books which provide deep detail of all
C++ iostream library. I don't want to know C run-time library
anymore.

I can use formatted string and unformatted string. I write routine.
My routine reads formatted string and is then translated into pixels
before they can be displayed to the screen with DirectX. Also, I use
unformatted string to load binary image from hard drive into memory.

Please recommend which C++ iostream library book I want to know.
Thanks...

Well, there's:

* Josuttis "The C++ Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference"

and then there's

* Langer & Kraft, "Standard C++ IOStreams and Locales: Advanced
Programmer's Guide and Reference ".