Great Lakes Ruby Bash -- Great Line-Up of Speakers -- RegistrationOpen (Hurry for Lunch!)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Eric I., Oct 5, 2008.

  1. Eric I.

    Eric I. Guest

    Registration is open for the Great Lakes Ruby Bash, but given that we
    have to give our caterer the lunch order in advance, sign up by Monday
    evening to guarantee your lunch. We have people traveling here to
    attend from as far away as Chapel Hill, NC and Denver, CO.

    The Great Lakes Ruby Bash is the successor to RubyConf*MI, one of the
    first ever regional Ruby conferences. This is a one-day conference
    that will contain a mix of 30-minute and 1-hour talks, covering Ruby,
    Rails, and related topics.

    Attendance is $50 and includes lunch (only guaranteed if you register
    by Monday, October 6th, 11:59pm).

    Where:
    Ann Arbor, on the beautiful University of Michigan campus

    When:
    Saturday, October 11th

    Talks Include:
    Jim Weirich : Playing it Safe - How to write
    library friendly code in Ruby
    Larry Karnowski : Usability on Rails: Tips & Tricks
    for Creating Passionate Users
    Brandon Dimcheff : Metawhat? A look into the
    mysterious metaclass
    Michael Bleigh : Hacking the Mid-End: Advanced
    Rails UI Techniques
    Daniel Berger : New Features in Test::Unit 2.0
    Brandon Keepers: Behavior Driven Development with
    Cucumber
    Joseph Faisal Nusairat : Using Active Scaffold
    (note: all the above are confirmed, but the
    schedule is subject to change)

    Additional Information:
    http://greatlakesrubybash.org

    Registration:
    http://greatlakesrubybash.eventwax.com/great-lakes-ruby-bash

    Blog:
    http://blog.greatlakesrubybash.org

    Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/greatlakesruby

    We look forward to seeing you there!

    -- The Great Lakes Ruby Bash Volunteer Brigade

    Eric I., Oct 5, 2008