    availability of "spike solutions" by rewarding developers with cash
    for submitting their solutions. I would like to hear your thoughts.
    , Jul 10, 2007

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:15:05 -0000, wrote,

    >The concept, zip up your programming solutions and submit them to this
    >site for free. Each time someone downloads your solution you get
    >$1.00. The creators of the site are trying to improve the quality and
    >availability of "spike solutions" by rewarding developers with cash
    >for submitting their solutions. I would like to hear your thoughts.

    I forget what it is called, but a similar site folded. I think the
    problem is:

    1. you can get help faster and free in the newsgroups.

    2. there is always a dispute as to whether someone answered a
    question.

    3. when someone is willing to pay, they usually want an immediate
    answer, so have an expert on tap to solve the problem for them.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, Jul 10, 2007