    platforms?

    thanks,
    Naresh

    Naresh Agarwal, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Naresh Agarwal

    Igor L Guest

    in green threads model only one operating system thread is used by java
    virtual machine for all java threads you use in your programs. in native
    threads model, for every thread you create in java you get one separate
    operating system thread.

    as i know, on windows nt, only native threads exist while on solaris
    platform, exist both models. on older JVM on solaris only green threads
    model existed.

    Igor L, Jan 9, 2004

  3. "Naresh Agarwal" <> wrote in message
    | Hi
    |
    | I read from some where that Java supports two threading
    models -
    | native and green threads.

    Native are when you leave them out in the field,
    whereas green are generally grown under lights. ;-)
    A short 'Google' later.

    OK - it looks like something related to early
    VM's on Solaris machines. Since the references
    I saw related to 1999, I would have to guess
    all the information on it is just about redundant.

    Get yourself a newer book?

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 9, 2004