    BC. For example, the Julian date for August 1, 2001 is 2452122.
    --
    Chris Davoli
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRGF2b2xp?=, Feb 2, 2005

  2. Hi Chris,

    There's some code on this page that seems to convert a Gregorian date to a
    Julian date. Perhaps that will get you started?

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...ianCalendarClassAddMonthsTopic.asp?frame=true

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Feb 2, 2005

  3. I've already been to that page in the msdn, but it does not have a method for
    getting the "TRUE" julian date. Seems like there would be a method that does
    this rather than reinventing the wheel. How can I convert Gregorian to TRUE
    julian date?

    ie;
    The TRUE Julian date is calculated by the number of days since January 1,
    4713

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRGF2b2xp?=, Feb 3, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRGF2b2xp?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    >> Is there a class that converts from Gregorian date to TRUE Julian Date in
    >> .NET? Any VB.NET examples available?

    public double GetJulianDate(DateTime pdtmDate)
    {
    DateTime dtmStart = new DateTime(1,1,1);
    TimeSpan objTS = new TimeSpan(pdtmDate.Ticks - dtmStart.Ticks);
    return objTS.TotalDays + 1721637;
    }
    Mark Rae, Feb 3, 2005