Grid Layout Panel and Panel in the Designer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Chris, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Hello -

    I'm trying to compose a Composite Control using 2 controls, one of
    which is exactly what the Grid Layout Panel from "HTML" in the toolbox
    is. I'm currently doing this with the HtmlGenericControl class, but
    the problem is that the designer never recognizes it to be what the
    Grid Layout Panel is - I cannot drag and drop other smaller controls
    onto it.

    This is the same problem I ran into using the Panel class also. Using
    the ms_positioning="GridLatout" doesn't help either. I imagine I'm
    missing one of those [bracketed] directives that allows the Designer
    to recognize this control as a container for others. Is this the
    case?

    thanks,
    Chris

    Chris, Aug 28, 2003