Grid Line Color

Brett Robichaud

How does one change the color of the lines between items in a datagrid?

I've played with every css style I can find and nothing works.

-Brett-

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi Brett,

Based on my understanding, you want to change the lines color in the
datagrid control.

Actually, in asp.net, webform datagrid control will render as <table> html
element in client.

For example, if you use Sql Server's default datatable "jobs" to bind the
DataGrid like this:

SqlDataAdapter adapter=new SqlDataAdapter("select * from jobs",
"server=localhost; database=pubs;uid=sa;pwd=");
DataSet ds=new DataSet();
adapter.Fill(ds);
DataGrid1.DataSource=ds;
DataGrid1.DataBind();
}

At client, it will render something like this:

style="height:192px;width:352px;border-collapse:collapse;Z-INDEX: 101;
LEFT: 48px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 48px">

You can see that, the grid lines in the DataGrid are actually the borders
want to give a different color to it, you should apply bordercolor
attribute to the entire <table>. In asp.net server side, you may use
DataGrid.Attributes.Add method to add the attribute. Do like this:

SqlDataAdapter adapter=new SqlDataAdapter("select * from jobs",
"server=localhost; database=pubs;uid=sa;pwd=");
DataSet ds=new DataSet();
adapter.Fill(ds);
DataGrid1.DataSource=ds;
DataGrid1.DataBind();
this.DataGrid1.Attributes.Add("bordercolor","red");
}

This will render as:

id="DataGrid1"
style="height:192px;width:352px;border-collapse:collapse;Z-INDEX: 101;
LEFT: 48px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 48px">

Then you will get a red grid line DataGrid control.

problem.

of assistance.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan