Grid texbox autopostback

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Ian Oldbury, Oct 4, 2004.

  1. Ian Oldbury

    Ian Oldbury Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm trying to perform an autopostback on a textbox, when i leave the cell it
    does postback to the server but i can't find the event that it calls. I
    create the datagrid using the ItemDataBound event.

    has anyone got any ideas?

    cheers ian

    aspx page
    <edititemtemplate>
    <asp:textbox id="txtItem" runat="server" maxlength="9"
    autopostback="True" ></asp:textbox>
    </edititemtemplate>

    code within code behind page
    Public Sub txtItem_TextChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs) Handles txtItem.TextChanged

    BindGridItems()

    End Sub

    Ian Oldbury, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Ian Oldbury

    Ian Oldbury Guest

    if anyone needs to know the answer checkout ...
    ontextchanged="function name within the code behind page" for the textbox
    control

    Ian Oldbury, Oct 5, 2004