Grid to count records meeting certain criteria (region)

Guest

I have to SQL Tables...one called 'Providers' and one called
'Services'...they each contain, among many other things, a field called
'Region'

What I would like to accomplish is a table that shows the number of records
in 'Providers' and the number of records in 'Services' for each of the
different numerical regions. Something like this:

Region Providers Services
1 15 34
3 19 39
4 44 82

I have absolutely no clue how to accomplish this in ASP.NET. Can someone
provide or point me to an example?

Is it a matter of a gridView? I don't think so, because I have two
different data sources (the Providers table and the Services table). Help!
I'm a clueless newbie!

(And I used to think I was so cool knowing all I did about classic ASP)