grid view button field

Guest

Hi,

how can I set up the javascript for the button field in the grid view, so
that when the user click the button, a pop up window will be opened, I mean
where could I add the "window.open "url" script for the buttion?

Thanks

Patrick.O.Ige

Jasmine add this
javascript:var
w=window.open('mypopwin.aspx?ID={0}','','width=400,height=400');
to where you need it..
Try posting what u are trying to do.
Hope that helps
PAtrick

Guest

Hi,

Thank you very much for reply.

I added the script in the gridview hyperlink colomn for "
DataNavigateUrlFormatString = "javascript: var w= ...", but once I added
javascript here instead of " DataNavigateUrlFormatString
='mypopwin.aspx?ID={0}' ", the hyperlink text lost hyperlink, becomes regular
text, which means I can't click on it, how can I fix it?

Thank you .