Grid with an enquiry form

John

Hi

I have an enquiry web form with several fields to which I also need to link
a grid. As it is an enquiry form I don't necessarily want to bind the grid
to a db. Ideally I want to allow user to fill the form fields and the gird,
in possibly unbound mode, read the values (fields and grid) off the form and
insert the values into a db. All the examples I have seen so far deal with
bound datagrids. Is it possible to use the grid in the scenario I have
described? Are there any examples around?

Thanks

Regards

Scott Allen

Hi John:

I don't know of any examples like this, but I think it would be
possible. You'd have to create a DataSource with the correct schema.
The DataSource could be a DataSet where a row would have all default
or empty values for each column. You'd have to add one of these rows
for each row you wanted to appear on the screen.

In the DataSet walkthroughs there are some examples of programatically
creating DataSets and DataRows:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vboriDatasets.asp