Gridview and dataformatstring

Jon

Hi All,

I have a column in my GridView with
DataFormatString="{0:dd/MM/YYYY HH:mm}" HtmlEncode="False"

Still the date formats as 2005-11-08T20:48:03

Any ideas? I'm using latest full release of Framework 2.0

Thanks
Jon

Guest

FWIW, I too am having this issue with RC1. I was going to upgrade to RTM
just to see if this was resolved, so I guess I will wait a little longer.
Here is my BoundField on a GridView.

<asp:BoundField DataField="DOB" HeaderText="DOB" SortExpression="DOB"
DataFormatString="{0:dd-MMM-yyyy}" HtmlEncode="False" />

Thanks,
curt

Guest

I figured out my problem. For some reason the TDS I was binding too was not
being compiled (different problem). So I was binding to the old TDS where
the type of the column being bound to was String (as opposed to Date). Once
I got the TDS assembly to recompile, everything started working.

Just wanted to post my resolution, hoping it will help the next person.

Regards,
curt