Gridview and SqlDatasource from code behind

Guest

Hi,

Could someone help me with a couple of links to SqlDatasource documentation
on how to use the Gridview and SqlDatasource components in code behind?

Basically I'm missing some documentation on how to handle different tasks
programmatically such as selects, updates, sorting of data etc. in code
behind if I prefer to set all Gridview and Sqldatasource properties etc. in
code behind rather than in the aspx file.

Thanks,
Dorte

Guest

I am aware of msdn and the fact that I can find documentation on any .net
class there. I am really looking for some examples of how the SqlDatasource
and GridView controls are manipulated programmatically. I can only find
examples of how these controls are handled declaratively!

Guest

I have found this book to be a usefull reference
http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0764576100.html

If you can be more specific about what kind of examples you need then i
could give you a few specific examples which might help get you on your way.

What are you using for development, i use visual studio 2005 and i find that
intelisnese and the tooltips that pop up on each member of a class as you
scroll through them go a long way towards helping me understand how they work.