GridView Control is not posting back correctly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Muhammad Usman, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Hi All

    I am using ASP 2 in VS 2005.net beta 2. I am using a gridview and have
    bounded it with datatable. I have added dropdownlist to the gridview
    cell dynamically.

    DropDownList DropListJoins = new DropDownList();
    DropListJoins.AutoPostBack=true;
    DropListJoins.SelectedIndexChanged += new
    EventHandler(DropListJoins_SelectedIndexChanged);
    gvQueryPane.Rows[0].Cells[4].Controls.Add(DropListJoins);

    void DropListJoins_TextChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)

    //gvQueryPane is the gridview object

    Now on index changed postback the callback function of indexchanged isnt
    called but the pageload event is called and on refresh it erases the
    dropdownlist control from the cell.

    How do i overcome this problem.

    regards
    Muhammad Usman