GridView - custom paging large amount of data

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mrozik, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. Mrozik

    Mrozik Guest

    Hi!
    I'm looking for a solution to show data in a table.
    I think about DataView control - but I see one problem.
    My data source is a WebService returning paged pieces
    of data (I can't change behavior of this data source).

    I found in documentation the only way to implement custom
    paging is to use ObjectDataSource - but there is different
    model of arguments (page size, page number, sort expression ,
    order expression) of WS methods - there is no method counting rows
    exposed in WebService (row count is returned with data -
    by the way calling second method
    to only count rows can cause efficiency problems).

    Is there another way to implement custom paging in DataView
    or this control is useless in more complicated solutions?

    regards

    mrozik
    Mrozik, Mar 14, 2007