Gridview Databind does not go to RowDataBound event on postback?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by K B, May 31, 2006.

  1. K B

    K B Guest

    Hi again, I've narrowed down my problem and am hoping to get some help
    to get the final answer.

    Gridview with dynamic child controls loads
    gv1.Databind calls RowDataBound event fine

    On the next postback, I use gv1.Databind in order to reload the dynamic
    rows but Databind does NOT call RowDataBound event -- it skips right to
    the button click event that called the postback.

    Any clues please?

    Thanks,
    Kit

    K B, May 31, 2006

  2. K B

    Mark Rae Guest

    "K B" <> wrote in message

    > Hi again, I've narrowed down my problem and am hoping to get some help
    > to get the final answer.
    >
    > Gridview with dynamic child controls loads
    > gv1.Databind calls RowDataBound event fine
    >
    > On the next postback, I use gv1.Databind in order to reload the dynamic
    > rows but Databind does NOT call RowDataBound event -- it skips right to
    > the button click event that called the postback.
    >
    > Any clues please?

    Is the code which binds your GridView wrapped in a if(Page.IsPostBack) logic
    loop...?

    Mark Rae, May 31, 2006

  3. K B

    Jan Hyde Guest

    K B <>'s wild thoughts were released
    on Tue, 30 May 2006 18:29:26 -0700 bearing the following
    fruit:

    >Hi again, I've narrowed down my problem and am hoping to get some help
    >to get the final answer.
    >
    >Gridview with dynamic child controls loads
    >gv1.Databind calls RowDataBound event fine
    >
    >On the next postback, I use gv1.Databind in order to reload the dynamic
    >rows but Databind does NOT call RowDataBound event -- it skips right to
    >the button click event that called the postback.
    >
    >Any clues please?

    may need to see your code

    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    Is it fair to say that there'd be less litter in Britain if blind people were given pointed sticks?

    Jan Hyde, Jun 1, 2006