Gridview Databind does not go to RowDataBound event on postback?

K B

Hi again, I've narrowed down my problem and am hoping to get some help
to get the final answer.

Gridview with dynamic child controls loads
gv1.Databind calls RowDataBound event fine

On the next postback, I use gv1.Databind in order to reload the dynamic
rows but Databind does NOT call RowDataBound event -- it skips right to
the button click event that called the postback.

Any clues please?

Thanks,
Kit

Mark Rae

Hi again, I've narrowed down my problem and am hoping to get some help
to get the final answer.

Gridview with dynamic child controls loads
gv1.Databind calls RowDataBound event fine

On the next postback, I use gv1.Databind in order to reload the dynamic
rows but Databind does NOT call RowDataBound event -- it skips right to
the button click event that called the postback.

Any clues please?

Is the code which binds your GridView wrapped in a if(Page.IsPostBack) logic
loop...?

Jan Hyde

K B <[email protected]>'s wild thoughts were released
Hi again, I've narrowed down my problem and am hoping to get some help
to get the final answer.

Gridview with dynamic child controls loads
gv1.Databind calls RowDataBound event fine

On the next postback, I use gv1.Databind in order to reload the dynamic
rows but Databind does NOT call RowDataBound event -- it skips right to
the button click event that called the postback.

Any clues please?

may need to see your code

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)