GridView Directly Accessing the Edit of FormView

mosscliffe

Is it possible to get a GridView 'Select' to go straight to the 'Edit'
of a Formview.

If I add a 'New' button to the GridView can I get that to go straight
to the Insert of a FormView.

Is it possible to trap the event of 'Update' Button Pressed in
FormView. When I select the linkButton in Formview

Thanks for any help / pointers.

Tim

mosscliffe

The answer appears to be changing the default Mode of the FormView to
Edit or Insert.

I still can not work out how to trap the Gridview / FormView
LinkButtons

I created the following code by copying the code generated by having a
link button on a page, but not within a formview.

'Protected Sub UpdateButton_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs) Handles UpdateButton.Click
' Response.Write("Update Link Button Clicked" + "<BR>")
'End Sub
'Protected Sub InsertButton_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs) Handles InsertButton.Click
' Response.Write("Insert Link Button Clicked" + "<BR>")
'End Sub

But I get a compiler Error

Error 1 Handles clause requires a WithEvents variable defined in the
containing type or one of its base types.

This is getting to serious hair removal time.