GridView Dynamically Inserted Template with RadioButton

gauty

Hi All,

I have an ASP.NET 2.0 VB.NET application with a GridView in which I
insert a Template column at run time, using an approach similar to
that documented here (http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/
3609991).

The Template contains a RadioButton (and I've got round all the
grouping issues this involves using a JavaScript workaround). I need
the RadioButton to have AutoPostback=True, so that I can respond to it
and change a database record accordingly. My problem is that I have to
respond to the RadioButton's CheckedChanged event, but I can't figure
out where to set the AddHandler code - I've tried in the class that
creates the RadioButton in the Template, and in the page containing
the GridView, but neither one leads to a successful capture of the
event.

Has anyone had a similar problem and - this is driving me crazy and
wasting a lot of valuable time??

TIA

Graham

Kashish Malhotra

Try adding the handler in RowDataBound or RowCreated events of the gridview where you are adding the radiobutton to the gridview cell.

gauty wrote:

GridView Dynamically Inserted Template with RadioButton
26-Feb-07

[...]

Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b-f54c56a64ed9/get-silverlight-4-install.aspx