gridview filter paging problem

Guest

I have a grid view and filter it based on an event from another control.
I set the filter and it works fine, but when i page it reverts back to the
full set of data from the datasource. How can i maintain the filtered set?

Guest

I got it to work by re-assigning the filter on each gridview paging event. If
i understood correctly the gridview was to maintan this sort of functionality
accross postbacks? It does for most other events. I get why it's not and i'll
deal with it, but wonder if there is a recomended method? For now i'm using a
hidden control, assigning the value of the current filter and re-assigning
the filter on the event. I'm not calling databind, and it seems to work ok,
am i missing something?