gridview hand holding..

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Carlos, May 5, 2006.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Hi all,

    I have an asp .net 1.1 app that I would like to upgrade to 2.0, and change
    a datagrid control to a gridview. My problem resides in programmatically
    configuring the control. I know that it is easy to do it in the designer,
    but I
    need to capture parameters being passed from another page to build my query.
    Presently I have simply a dataset as the datasource, and the datasource of
    the gridview just
    gets the data from the defaultviw of the dataset, and then
    the gridview just binds.

    My problem is that if I want to configure my default
    column view with special features (like formatting), I do not know how to
    do it.

    Can someone help?

    Thanks,

    Carlos.