GridView hide drop-down box for a particular row

Mel

I have a gridview that is bound to a datatable. Some rows require a
selection be chosen from a drop-down box, called "Pitch", other rows
do not require a pitch selection. How do I hide the drop-down for
those particular rows? An example would be greatly appreciated.

'My Example Code (using asp.net 2.0, vb.net, Visual Studio 2005 Pro)
Dim dt As DataTable
dt = New DataTable
dt.Columns.Add("Part Description", GetType(String))
dt.Columns.Add("Pitch", GetType(String))

Dim strUnivPartsSQL As String = "SELECT * FROM [Parts] ORDER BY [SN];"
Dim recStdParts As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader
Dim cmdPart As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand(strUnivPartsSQL,
conStdParts)
conStdParts.Open()
recStdParts = cmdPart.ExecuteReader()

Do While recStdParts.Read()
If recStdParts("Pitch") = True Then 'this part requires a pitch
selection
dt.Rows.Add(New String() {recStdParts("Part
Description").ToString, "4:12"}) 'set default pitch to 4:12
Else 'no pitch selection is necessary, HOW DO I HIDE THE PITCH DROP-
DOWN BOX? THIS CODE DOES NOT WORK, IT STILL SHOWS THE DROP-DOWN BOX.
dt.Rows.Add(New String() {recStdParts("Part
Description").ToString, Nothing})
End If
Loop
recStdParts.Close()
conStdParts.Close()
conStdParts.Dispose()
UpdatePanel2.Update()

MLightsOut

[...]

Nevermind, I figured it out. If the row requires a pitch I am storing
"True" or "False" in one of the cells. Then on the RowDataBound event
I simply hide the Pitch drop-down box for the rows where Pitch equals
False. Here is the code if anyone is interested:

Protected Sub gvParts_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles
gvParts.RowDataBound
If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then 'only
evaluate the data rows
Dim bPitch As Boolean
bPitch = e.Row.Cells(3).Text 'retrieve the pitch setting
which is either True or False from another cell in the grid
Dim ddlPitch1 As DropDownList = e.Row.FindControl
("ddlPitch") 'get a handle on the Pitch drop-down box which has my
pitch selections in it (1:12, 2:12, 3:12,...12:12)
If Not ddlPitch1 Is Nothing Then 'If the drop-down box was
found show the pitch drop-down box if this item's pitch setting =
True.
If bPitch = True Then
ddlPitch1.Visible = True
Else