GridView INSERT Edit DELETE with no PK problem

Oded Dror

Hi there,

I'm using VWD 2005 Express and SQL Server 2005 Express

When I have a table with Primary key ASP.NET let you add INSERT EDIT and
DELETE button to the GridView
But when you don't have PK you can not

My question how to add the EDIT INSERT Buttons to the GridView without
having the PK on the table?

Should I use Stored Proc for that?

Thanks,
Oded Dror

Jared

Hi there,

I'm using VWD 2005 Express and SQL Server 2005 Express

When I have a table with Primary key ASP.NET let you add INSERT EDIT and
DELETE button to the GridView
But when you don't have PK you can not

My question how to add the EDIT INSERT Buttons to the GridView without
having the PK on the table?

Should I use Stored Proc for that?

Thanks,
Oded Dror

Don't really know much about the express versions, but how about using
an int with Is Identity set to yes as your primary key. That way you
don't need to worry about providing a value.

Regards

Jared