Gridview invisible--why?

dotNetNewbie

I have never been able to get a Datagrid, now a Gridview, to display. I have
bound the Gridview to a SqlDataSource, which uses a working stored procedure
to select data from a table. I've set the Gridview properties to visible, set
the EmptyDataRowStyle and all other BorderStyle and BorderColor properties,
etc. There is data in my table. I get no errors at all. When the page opens
up, it displays with all the other controls (including default data in 2
dropdowns), but where the Gridview is supposed to be, there is just white.
Had the same result when I did this in 2003 Datagrid. Could there be a system
setting that I don't have and need?

Is there a secret to get this to display? I'm using XP 5.1.2600 SP2 and
ASP.NET 2.0 V 2.0.50727.