GridView like Excel

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by DuneMan, May 25, 2006.

  1. DuneMan

    DuneMan Guest

    I need help with goading GridView to shape-shift into Excel.
    First one to provide a usable answer gets 4096 ataboys! .. and if you
    are at TechEd, I'll buy you a cappuccino (that's funny, I thought they
    were free!^)

    Requirements are
    - do a cross-reference matrix (x,y,z to x,y,z). Same row and column
    headers.
    - rotated text in the column headers.
    - colors (ex: red/green/yellow/black) or icons (ex: red stop sign or x,
    green-light,hourglass)
    - javascript popups on mouse over

    Is it possible to create a reusable webcontrol which looks like Excel
    in a webpage using the GridView or a subclass?

    Any redirection would be great.

    Thanks in advance!
    Dan.Wygant.org, Senior dotNet Software Developer
    06' 05' 04' MVP Windows Server 2003 - Customer Experience
    INETA NORAM (User Group) Membership Manager for Ol'South Gulf States:
    Al, Ms, La
    Founding (previous Board) Member for Culminis.com
    Founder VSdotNetUG.org HUNTUG.org HowToVS.Net

    DuneMan, May 25, 2006

  2. DuneMan

    DuneMan Guest

    It has to work in FireFox also and has to run on Linux or any other
    platform. Also, isn't OWC still unmanaged code? ... and heavy?

    Dan

    DuneMan, May 25, 2006