GridView, links and google-index

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Matthias, Jan 7, 2008.

  1. Matthias

    Matthias Guest

    Hi ng,

    I have an ASP.NET GridView with template-columns. In a column I have a
    link ( normal html-link like

    The GridView has custom paging without javascript so that the pages
    are found by google. The pages *are* found (like mypage?page=1) but
    not the links within the pages mentioned above. These do not appear in
    google index. The links in the GridView are only visible if a property
    of the control that contaisn the GridView is set to true

    <% if( propery ) { %>

    <% } %>

    But the default-value for the property is true.

    Has anybody an idea why google doesn't like these inner links?

    Bye and til soon

    Matthias

    Matthias, Jan 7, 2008

  2. If the hyperlinks are *visible* to the googlebot when it crawls the page, it
    will index them. It "doesn't care" what kind of links they are.
    -- Peter
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], Jan 7, 2008