Gridview: Make text fit into column?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark B, Aug 22, 2009.

  1. Mark B

    Mark B Guest

    ASP 3.5 VB.NET

    I have a GridView fixed at 950px wide. It has 7 columns.

    The first column's items are all hyperlinks. Some however are very long,
    e.g.

    "Earth.UnitedStates.NewYork.NewYork.CentralCity.5thAvenue.745.Level2.Accounting.FixedAssetMaintenance"

    What I want is for the text to wrap for this column. It hasn't been and has
    been pushing the overall width of the Gridview to 1200 or more. It does wrap
    when there are spaces in the hyperlink label, e.g. "New York" rather than
    "NewYork".

    How can I get the text to wrap if it's long? E.g., to be:

    "Earth.UnitedStates.NewYork.NewYork.Cen
    tralCity.5thAvenue.745.Level2.Accounting.F
    ixedAssetMaintenance"

    Ideally it would cut only at a period:

    Mark B, Aug 22, 2009