GridView Nested - Is it Possible?

manmit.walia

Hello All,

I have a question hopefully some ASP.NET Guru can answer. I am trying
to build a nested style GridView for users to pull reports from a SQL
Database. The question is, "Can I create a GridView with the following
structure?" I know I can put GridViews' in columns but was wondering if
we can just do it in rows.

STRUCTURE:

I have 3 GridViews; A, B, and C.

In GridView A (THE TOP ONE), I have 5 rows. The rows are as follow.

ROW 1 = Header 1 ('Capital')

ROW 2 = GridView B (with its own header and footer [No Paging or
Sorting])

ROW 3 = Header 2 ('Operational')

ROW 4 = GridView C (with its own header and footer [No Paging or
Sorting])

ROW 5 = GridView A Footer

manmit.walia

What I want to display in the Footer of GridView A, is a calculated
field of each columns for GridView B and C.

So Basically,

GridView A - Footer Row - Column 1.= (Look Down)

[Grid View B Footer Row;Column 1] + [Grid View C; Footer Row; Column 2]

Example:

Column 1(Footer) of Gridview B = 10
Column 1(Footer) of Gridview C = 15

THUS

Column 1(Footer) of Gridview A = 25

Hope you understand what I am trying to write.

Thanks in advance for your help.