Gridview: no built-in add/insert !?

Rick

Hi,

I don't have hands on experience in ASP .NET but have been assigned to
a web application, and I'm learning in the school of hard knocks. How
comes GridView has no support for adding/inserting new records, when
this is a routine task for any application? In the eighties almost any
product already supported that (FoxPro, Clipper, etc) why are we going
backwards? Would someone help me, please?

a) My gridviews need to allow the user to add new records on an empty
grid line at the end of the grid's data, not on a separate form.

b) The button for edit an existing row needs to be outside of the grid
(no repeated buttons on each line), but if I do that, how can I make
the edit textboxes appear on the grid line?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Guest

Hi,

I don't have hands on experience in ASP .NET but have been assigned to
a web application, and I'm learning in the school of hard knocks. How
comes GridView has no support for adding/inserting new records, when
this is a routine task for any application? In the eighties almost any
product already supported that (FoxPro, Clipper, etc) why are we going
backwards? Would someone help me, please?

a) My gridviews need to allow the user to add new records on an empty
grid line at the end of the grid's data, not on a separate form.

b) The button for edit an existing row needs to be outside of the grid
(no repeated buttons on each line), but if I do that, how can I make
the edit textboxes appear on the grid line?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Hi Rick