gridview not 100% width on page

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by psion, Jan 14, 2008.

  1. psion

    psion Guest

    Hi,
    We have a gridview on a webpage, which we would like to be 100% of the
    table cell in which it is placed.
    When we specify the width to be 100%, this has no effect, but only if
    we specify a pixel number, i.e. 800, will the gridview be 800 px wide.

    Here is an example:
    http://www.valuetronics.com/Results.aspx?keywords=8050&x=0&y=0

    And this may be related, but this page
    http://www.valuetronics.com/Distributor_Products.aspx?mfgr=33
    displays the grid at 100%, while
    http://www.valuetronics.com/Distributor_Products.aspx?mfgr=3111
    does not, in either firefox or ie.

    btw, using 1024 resolution will seem like the grid is 100% width, but
    when switched to 1280, that's when I can see it.

    Has anyone experienced this?

    Thank you,
    Krzysztof
    psion, Jan 14, 2008

  2. psion

    Evertjan. Guest

    psion wrote on 14 jan 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Hi,
    > We have a gridview on a webpage, which we would like to be 100% of the
    > table cell in which it is placed.
    > When we specify the width to be 100%, this has no effect, but only if
    > we specify a pixel number, i.e. 800, will the gridview be 800 px wide.
    >
    > Here is an example:
    > http://www.valuetronics.com/Results.aspx?keywords=8050&x=0&y=0
    >
    > And this may be related, but this page
    > http://www.valuetronics.com/Distributor_Products.aspx?mfgr=33
    > displays the grid at 100%, while
    > http://www.valuetronics.com/Distributor_Products.aspx?mfgr=3111
    > does not, in either firefox or ie.
    >
    > btw, using 1024 resolution will seem like the grid is 100% width, but
    > when switched to 1280, that's when I can see it.

    This seems a clientside Q, and if not:

    This is a classic asp group.
    Dotnet questions should be asked in
    <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jan 14, 2008

  3. psion

    Mike Guest

    2 things,

    1) this is a .NET page your URL is pointing to,this is a ASP group.

    2) beign a .NET developer and having run into this same issue in the pass,
    check your grid settings for each column. Are they a fixed width? If they
    are then the page is rendering correctly. Due to the columns being a fixed
    width, they will remain that even if you shrink down you browser window.

    check for the folllowing:
    columns are a fixed width
    your not allowing word wrap to happen in the columns.

    try those two and post back if they worked.

    Mike, Jan 17, 2008