gridview not 100% width on page

psion

Hi,
We have a gridview on a webpage, which we would like to be 100% of the
table cell in which it is placed.
When we specify the width to be 100%, this has no effect, but only if
we specify a pixel number, i.e. 800, will the gridview be 800 px wide.

Here is an example:
http://www.valuetronics.com/Results.aspx?keywords=8050&x=0&y=0

And this may be related, but this page
http://www.valuetronics.com/Distributor_Products.aspx?mfgr=33
displays the grid at 100%, while
http://www.valuetronics.com/Distributor_Products.aspx?mfgr=3111
does not, in either firefox or ie.

btw, using 1024 resolution will seem like the grid is 100% width, but
when switched to 1280, that's when I can see it.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you,
Krzysztof

Evertjan.

psion wrote on 14 jan 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hi,
We have a gridview on a webpage, which we would like to be 100% of the
table cell in which it is placed.
When we specify the width to be 100%, this has no effect, but only if
we specify a pixel number, i.e. 800, will the gridview be 800 px wide.

Here is an example:
http://www.valuetronics.com/Results.aspx?keywords=8050&x=0&y=0

And this may be related, but this page
http://www.valuetronics.com/Distributor_Products.aspx?mfgr=33
displays the grid at 100%, while
http://www.valuetronics.com/Distributor_Products.aspx?mfgr=3111
does not, in either firefox or ie.

btw, using 1024 resolution will seem like the grid is 100% width, but
when switched to 1280, that's when I can see it.

This seems a clientside Q, and if not:

This is a classic asp group.
Dotnet questions should be asked in
<microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

Mike

2 things,

1) this is a .NET page your URL is pointing to,this is a ASP group.

2) beign a .NET developer and having run into this same issue in the pass,
check your grid settings for each column. Are they a fixed width? If they
are then the page is rendering correctly. Due to the columns being a fixed
width, they will remain that even if you shrink down you browser window.

check for the folllowing:
columns are a fixed width
your not allowing word wrap to happen in the columns.

try those two and post back if they worked.