GridView - ObjectDataSource - Data Binding

Guest

I can use a GridView and ObjectDataSource to bind my data using "Eval"
expressions ... provided the GridView and related Column TemplateFields are
defined as inline HTML.

I prefer to programmatically create the GridView Column/ TemplateField
definitions at runtime.... because I do not know the number of applicable
columns until runtime. The addition of the GridView Column/ TemplateFields
work fine, however the "Eval" expressions do not result in data from the
ObjectDataSource populating the GridView.

I programmatically add the GridView Columns/ TemplateFields first and then I
issue the DataBind method for the GridView. The "Eval" expressions are
ignored.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Eliyahu Goldin

Philip,

Try calling the DataBind method explicitly after adding the columns.

Guest

I am already issuing the DataBind explicitly after I add the Columns.

--
Philip

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Philip,

Try calling the DataBind method explicitly after adding the columns.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]