    Also, if I change the SelectCommand string using code do I need to use
    Databind() on the SqlDatasource AND the GridView or neither? Thanks.

    David

    David, Aug 31, 2006

  2. David

    KJ Guest

    David wrote:
    > I have a gridView that sometimes only shows the header and not the detail.
    > Does anyone know how this can happen?

    Not sure on this one.

    > Also, if I change the SelectCommand string using code do I need to use
    > Databind() on the SqlDatasource AND the GridView or neither? Thanks.

    Only on the GridView. AFAIK, DataBind will call Select on the
    datasource implicitly.

    -KJ

    KJ, Aug 31, 2006

  3. David

    David Guest

    I am responding to let you know how the 1st item was resolved in case you
    ever run into it. I had an html table underneath the GridView that held 2
    asp textboxes and a label. All were visible=false. I used them to display
    SQL, etc. during testing. When I used the web page internally it was fine.
    When I came into the web remotely the GridView would flash and only the
    header displayed. If I resized the window the GridView rows displayed.
    Then I removed the small table under the GridView and the problem went away.

    David

    David, Sep 1, 2006