GridView only showing header

David

I have a gridView that sometimes only shows the header and not the detail.
Does anyone know how this can happen?

Also, if I change the SelectCommand string using code do I need to use
Databind() on the SqlDatasource AND the GridView or neither? Thanks.

David

KJ

David said:
I have a gridView that sometimes only shows the header and not the detail.
Does anyone know how this can happen?

Not sure on this one.
Also, if I change the SelectCommand string using code do I need to use
Databind() on the SqlDatasource AND the GridView or neither? Thanks.

Only on the GridView. AFAIK, DataBind will call Select on the
datasource implicitly.

-KJ

David

I am responding to let you know how the 1st item was resolved in case you
ever run into it. I had an html table underneath the GridView that held 2
asp textboxes and a label. All were visible=false. I used them to display
SQL, etc. during testing. When I used the web page internally it was fine.
When I came into the web remotely the GridView would flash and only the
header displayed. If I resized the window the GridView rows displayed.
Then I removed the small table under the GridView and the problem went away.

David