GridView, paging and fixed height

dust

I have a GridView with allowpaging=true.
I set the PageSize to 5.
I take the data from an xml file and correctly manage the paging with
the PageIndexChanging event.

The problem is that my GridView can't have a Height > 300px.

But if the text displayed on the items is too long, the height of the
GridView automatically increase to fit it.

Is it possible to fix the maximum height of my GridView?

Matthias Pieroth

Hi dust(?),

well, if you fix the Height of the whole control, what is your suggestion
for the display of the items that are too long? Do they get cut
automatically? If you like this behaviour, why not cut it at a given length.
Checkout the Search-Option in my Page, here I display 5 Items in one Page
and give the Text a special length. Each row has a fixed size.

Bye,