GridView Paging and non-sql datasource

OJ

Hi,
I am retrieving data from an external (www) data provider through
socket communication. I send a structured query (not SQL or XML) in the
form of a string containing tab seperated values and the external
provider returns data in the same format. I have written classes in C#
to represent the individual types of records returned, and to group
these results in to DataTable objects. This works great. The problem I
have is that when I bind the DataTable to a GridView control and enable
paging/sorting as described here....

http://www.learnasp.com/freebook/learn/cs_GridViewSortingNoDataSourceControl.aspx

.....I have to rerun the query (which can take up to 2 mins) to get the
data for each next page. This is not practical. What I would like to
know is can anyone suggest a way I can persist the entire DataTable to
allow sorting/paging without having to re-run the socket based query?

I hope I have made myself clear.

Thanks,
Oliver