Gridview Refresh Problem

randy.buchholz

ASP Nub having problem. I have two sets of gridviews on my page, (using
SQlDataSources to bind). Pairs of PO and PO Items. The first set
represents a current Purchase Order (Grid1)and the LineItems (Grid2). The
second pair represent a new PO (Grid3) and its LineItems. Grid4) cloned from
the first. I have a stored procedure first (SP1) returns the most current
PO & Items (basically 'select max(PO) from records where po =
"passedparameter" ' and then selects the items.) to populate the first grid
pair. Another SP clones the first PO (in the database) and Items,
incrementing the PO number. My code calls SP1 to populate the first set of
grids on DataSource1, I then call SP2 to create a new record in the
database, and finally call SP1 again (on the second gird pair) to populate
the "new PO" grids.

My problem is that the PO Items on the new PO Items do not update (Grid 4).
I tried may approaches rebinding, reslecting, etc. If I do a
page.databind() it refreshes with the new value, but the full rebind calls
SP1 (the "get newest" SP) on both grid pairs. Losing the old and new
compare. How (withou using AJAX) can I refresh Grid 4? I would post code,
but there is very little since I am using SQLControls. Thanks.

randy.buchholz

Found a work around, but hoping for something better.
I put the parent and child grids in a panel and called databind on the
panel.