    clicking on the field fire any events that I can handle on the server side?
    I'm using asp.net 2.0.

    Thanks
    Bogdan, Jul 17, 2009

  2. Bogdan

    Jayakrishnan Guest

    You could code it in page load event using querystring to differentiate
    the event.

    Jay..
    Jayakrishnan, Jul 20, 2009

  3. On Jul 17, 4:20 am, "Bogdan" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a GridView HyperLink field with NavigateUrl.  I'd like to save the
    > clicked on link's row index before navigating to 'NavigateUrl'.  Does
    > clicking on the field fire any events that I can handle on the server side?
    > I'm using asp.net 2.0.
    >
    > Thanks

    No, it doesn't. You can replace HyperLink by CommandField, in this
    case clicking on that field would fire a postback where you can get
    the index. You can also use a "log"-page which can track all clicks,
    for example, "log.aspx?url=http://msn.com&id=29"
    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 20, 2009