GridView Row Styling

siamesedream

I have a GridView that I use for bulk editing. I override the CreateRow
method and logically OR each row's state with DataControlRowState.Edit.
Doing this, however, means that each row is rendered using the
EditRowStyle, which is undesirable in my situation. I would like to
preserve the RowStyle and AlternatingRowStyle rendering.

I have tried to override the InitializeRow method and assign the rows
style to the GridViews RowStyle or AlternatingRowStyle, depending on
the row's DataItemIndex, however, the row doesn't have an accesser to
set the TableRowStyle, only it's css class or style collection. Further
the style collection can't be set which makes things difficult. Any
advice on how to cleanly set a rows style