Gridview - Row Update Event Not Firing When grid has invisible col

RickM

..net 2.0 Visual Studio 2005 beta 2 Gridview

I am hiding and displaying columns in a gridview based upon user's
selection. The Row Updating event is not firing when I have invisible
TemplateField Columns. If I change all columns to Visible, the event fires.
If I make one column invisible, it does not fire. Is this by design? Is
there a work around?

Peter Kellner

You probably need to add the column to the datakeynames attribute.
invisible columns are not stored in viewstate (unless they are in
datakeynames) so that is probably why it is not firing.

http://peterkellner.net