GridView.RowCommand Event fires twice

Just Me

I have discovered a( nd its probably not news to most of you ) that if you
add a button column and use the Image Button type that this event fires
twice. I know its been reported about a year ago, but I cant seem to find a
solution to it in terms of a fix, or explaination as to why.

Any ideas here ?

nothingsoriginalontheinternet

I recently had a similar situation, although I don't think I was using
an ImageButton. I didn't have time to deal with it so I just set a
class variable to determine if the event has already fired.

I'd be interested in an explanation also.

-Mike Placentra II