Gridview rowcommand or templatefield like to subroutine

jobs

Can I have data on Gridview column as a link that runs a row command
and/or a subroutine/function in the vb.net codebehind?

I thought about asp:command, but don't see where I can bind my data in
this?

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:Command ID="View" SkinID="Button" Text="View" CommandName="View"
runat="server" />

</ItemTemplate>

and a templatefield, with a hyperlink, but I think that expects a url
to naviate to.

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="WorkFlow Number"
SortExpression="WorkFlowNo">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:HyperLink runat="server" Text='<%#
Container.DataItem("WorkFlowNo") %>'

NavigateUrl='<%# "ActiveWorkFlow.aspx?Search=" +
Container.DataItem("WorkFlowNo").tostring%>' />

</ItemTemplate>

</asp:TemplateField>

Thanks for any help or information.