Gridview "select button" causes weird problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by hhoang.nl@gmail.com, Apr 28, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I have a very weird problem with the GridView control.

    Here is the code:

    <asp:GridView runat="server" ID="gv" AutoGenerateEditButton="true"
    AutoGenerateSelectButton="true" AllowPaging="true"
    AutoGenerateColumns="false">
    <Columns>
    <asp:CheckBoxField HeaderText="Enabled" DataField="Enabled"
    SortExpression="Enabled" />
    </Columns>
    </asp:GridView>

    Looks simple enough, huh? When I go into edit mode I check the
    checkbox (which initially is unchecked) and then hit the "Update"
    link. When I try to read the checkbox property "Checked", it returns
    the value False.
    Isn't this pretty weird behaviour?

    When I set AutoGenerateSelectButton to "false", then everything works
    as it should be. I just don't understand why it fails when I set it to
    True.

    Can anyone enlighten me?
    , Apr 28, 2008