GridView SelectedIndexChanged value

sck10

Hello,

Iin my ASP.NET page, I have a Gridview and a FormView control on it. The
FormView control will display
the detailed data depending on the value from the GridView's SelectedValue.
How do I capture the SelectedValue?
--
Thanks in advance,

sck10

Parameter for the FormView
<SelectParameters>
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="gvSearchList"
DefaultValue="NoParameter" Name="LabModification_ID"
PropertyName="SelectedValue" Type="String" />
</SelectParameters>

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Sck10,

As for the gettting GridView's selectedValue as input parameter for the
formview's select data, it is quite straightfoward in ASP.NET 2.0. We just
need to configure the DataSource (used by the FormView) to define a
ControlParamter which come from the GridView(as you've posted in the
message). Is there any problem you meet here? Also, as for the capture the
selectedValue, what's the exact action you mean, capture it before the
formview perform the selection or ...?

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support