GridView skins and headers

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tshad, Sep 23, 2009.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I have a line in my skin:

    <HeaderStyle CssClass="GridViewHeader" VerticalAlign="Bottom" />

    This handles the header of my GridView.

    I want to handle the links in my header.

    This works ok if I do this in my style sheet:

    ..GridViewHeader a
    {
    background: #000000;
    padding: 5px;
    font-size:24px
    }

    but not if I do:

    ..GridViewHeader th a
    {
    background: #000000;
    padding: 5px;
    font-size:24px
    }

    yet if I do:

    th a
    {
    background: #000000;
    padding: 5px;
    font-size:24px
    }

    This works.

    In my particular case ".GridViewHeader a" will work as I am only handling
    the header portion of the grid with GridViewHeader.

    But if I wanted to set the GridView as a class:

    ..GridView

    And I wanted to only handle the links in the header separately (take out the
    underline, for instance).

    ..GridView th a

    doesn't work

    How would I do that?

    What I am trying to say is I want to handle the anchors in the "th" section
    of the GridView (not all "th"s, just the one in the GridView).

    Thanks,

    Thanks,

    Tom
    tshad, Sep 23, 2009